but blogging bards must needs revert to type

Monday 2 January 2012

A Year of Months Yearning for Meths

"Jan, you're a thirsty upstart, but

If a brewery be near I'd

March

A prolific distance, and

Maybe over that

Dune we'd

Duly find company more

August where

Sipped amber they

Concoct over

Enough embers to

Dissemble a warmth more welcome than any old bar'en parched land!


The year of months wasn't going to be meth-related, but any other allusion to February not involving breweries deserted me!

1 comment:

  1. Which AA would you need more if broken down in a desert whilst over-desirous for alcohol?
    I'm practically tea total myself, apart from the odd glass of wine, and find beer unbearable, but I'd set myself the challenge of writing some blank verse that included every month of the year in order with as little padding as possible within a single theme, and I challenge you to think of another sound-alike for February?

    ReplyDelete