but blogging bards must needs revert to type

Saturday 14 January 2012

A Vehicle For Change

My transport's seen transition!

I had a little Polo.

It was in mint condition

Until I drove it, solo,

Into a lake so murky

Perks like a sunroof failed me

Unless I felt more perky

And saw the hole availed the

Ability to save my life...

Like a life ring flung through strife!


To rid all of the riddle,

My car was never riddled,

But, one hole in the middle,

(Just like sweet ring) death diddled!

The road might have been Wrigley;

Blacked bends dark, as After Eight;

But nervousness was giggly

When I saw I'd cheated fate.

A nervous Tic Tac' fast had changed,

But tactics surfaced less deranged!


The road, like mire, was Murray;

Winds swept wood: a Tre' bor' down.

Through icy hills I hurry;

Skidding streets from town to town.

Then a Glacier Foxes me...

Slipped through ice, cold drink I sip;

But the car that boxes me

Shan't be coffin in murk's grip.

Immersed,aid-is not quick to rise;

So I've no bends, but Benz to prize!

1 comment:

  1. This one came to me during a science lesson on diver's bends. My reflections became less and less murky as I coined verses on mints. I still have a Polo...

    ReplyDelete