but blogging bards must needs revert to type

Friday 2 January 2015

With Sympathy


I handed them the card with such

A silly, weak, affected smile.

I knew the printed words weren’t much

Sincere or even worth their while!

Next time with token words I’ll leave

A token gift enclosed within…


“With Simper Fee,

So please don’t grieve

My first attempt,

A card in all sin!”













N.B. 
To ‘simper’ is to smile in a comically craven manner 
suggestive of clumsiness, coyness, or coquettishness!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry I've neglected this blog so long, starving you of all those little witticisms that've been clogging up the cobwebbed corners of my journals as I've given time to publications much more private in their passion, but I thought I'd best resurrect any notoriety I'd for nonsense as I seek a greater online presence presently for the prospects of my loved one overseas, overseeing my own need for more earnest labour as to bring her here!

    ReplyDelete