but blogging bards must needs revert to type

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Drift Would

My love burns bright with fervency

Though we be far apart:

I look towards a distant sea,

The shore known to my heart.


My love is as the frothing waves

That lap the windswept dunes:

The tide stood still in such enclaves

Though pulled by many moons.


Uncovered here, by surging seas, are many fossil forms;

Embedded in Time's slowly sifting sands:

All memories, stark as the savage storms

That rage against far and distant lands.


Beneath the surface, where my passion roars with unrelenting might;

Here, where the choral sways majestically, in restful rhythmic rapture,

There lies the pearl of Romance, in the clam of Circumstance shut tight.

I dive these murky depths, that i might perceive the slightest slit or aperture,

That, wrenching forth this wretched clam, I might then be once more

Walking with you by my side, upon your native shore!

1 comment:

  1. This love poem was inspired by seeing a lighthouse's fervent flame blazing out to sea. A very soppy one written in adolescence!

    ReplyDelete